When the rules for Spec Miata allowed for dropping the seat area to provide drivers with more head room, our owner John - who is 6'1" 200lbs - was all in for this mod! The tight confines of the Miata make cage design and seat installation difficult, which oftentimes leads to an uncomfortable seating position for the driver. Our floorpan kit was created to fit the biggest drivers and be able to utilize SLIDERS! Along the way, we tried to make our design clever enough to ease the minds of those who are intimidated about the difficulty in the installation process. After testing it in our 2003 and 1990 Endurance for over a year of racing, we finally have it on our site ready for your car!
- 16 gauge cold rolled steel
- Two-piece construction of pan and subframe replacement beam for strength and reduction of welded seams
- Cleverly placed relief cuts in corners to allow for more movement and better gap closure during installation
- Angled front and rear edges to ease concerns about catching on curbing or debris on track (rear edge because you could be going backwards when you spin out)
- Seat belt bolt nut plate included, but not pre-welded to allow for a different size to be used