Music is overrated! This part is perfect for Miata race cars with the radio removed for weight reduction. Also, this will give the dash of your Miata a beautiful look. It is well-fitting and has a neat appearance.
There is plenty of room for gauges and switches, and it's incredibly light.
- Install this part and your race Miata will look nothing but clean. This sleek and simple radio delete plate from 5X Racing is easy to install and there is no modification needed for installation. It works but it is DIY)
- Constructed of lightweight .090 aluminum, thick enough to mount gauges
- No drilling or trimming is needed! Precision cut to fit precisely into the backside of the radio bezel
- Designed to be mounted, utilize existing screw holes in the bezel
- Tight, no-gap fit around the edges
- Mounting hardware included
- A natural sanded finish (best for painting yourself and gauge mounting) or matte black powder coat finish (when available) is best for that OEM factory look.
Why do these not go through 1997? Our pre-drilled installation holes do not align with specific radio bezels on 1997 Miata's. We are not 100% sure what years the different bezels are from, but we believe it's from the 1996.5-1997 Miata, which our research shows used another radio. Our plates still work in the 97s (about one and a half minutes). You need to adapt them by drilling more holes.
For hardcore street/autocross/time attack drivers looking for a great start to weight reduction.
Not only is removing the less than desirable stereo system in your Miata an excellent way to reduce weight, but this plate is also a great foundation to mount your added gauges and switches as we do on our Spec Miata race cars.
Get yours now!